If you had told me six years ago that I would eventually become an alcohol recovery coach, I would have laughed in your face.
I was a banker who wore a suit into a skyscraper every day. Alcoholics were bums under bridges.
Never mind the fact that I would often drink six martinis after work – or, if “dinner” wasn’t on the agenda, a giant bottle of vodka at a club with my (alcoholic) colleagues. Perhaps I would just pick one up from a liquor store on my way home.
Fast forward all those years, and I can honestly say that helping people dominate alcohol addiction one-on-one is one of the most fulfilling things that I’ve ever done.
Enlisting the help of an alcohol recovery coach can help you overcome any of the obstacles you’re presently facing, including:
- Formulating a plan to quit or cut down on alcohol
- Feeling physically better after quitting drinking
- Dealing with alcohol cravings and getting past an alcohol-centric lifestyle
- Building a new life that is too good – dare I say, too much FUN – for alcohol to be anything except a fleeting afterthought that fades into oblivion
In the video below, I discuss seven of the benefits of having an alcohol recovery coach.
The Benefits Of Alcohol Recovery Coaching
Here’s a quick overview of the benefits I discuss in the video above:
- Life Coach For Alcohol Recovery – Helping you see the big picture and augmenting (rather than replacing) the help you may already be getting from doctors, therapists, or support groups
- Relatable Guidance – Non-judgmental, non-dogmatic, practical guidance that can help whether you’re trying to quit drinking, get rid of cravings, or move beyond alcohol mentally
- Firsthand Experience – Having spent many sessions boring the hell out of psychologists with no intuitive understanding of addiction, I know that it helps to talk to someone who’s been in your shoes!
- Help With Ignored Aspects Of Recovery – Mainstream addiction recovery programs tend to ignore the incredible power of supplementation, nutrition, and exercise to heal the brain and transform behavior
- Additional Pillar of Support – Loneliness is a silent killer in recovery, and an alcohol recovery coach can help you avoid feeling alone
- Enhanced Accountability – For clients who book multiple sessions, there is an added layer of accountability that helps them to stay on track to achieve their desired medium-term and long-term outcomes
- Help Building New Lifestyle BEYOND Alcohol – What fires you up in life more than alcohol? An alcohol recovery coach can help you figure that out – and help you reorient your life toward that new purpose!
I know what it feels like to scour a city for the best psychologists, hoping that one of them has access to the magic bullet for beating alcohol addiction.
Today I can say that there is no universal magic bullet, but every individual can utilize strategies to rewire his or her brain away from alcohol addiction and begin on a new path toward happiness and natural euphoria.
Sometimes it takes an intelligent process of trial and error to determine which strategies work best for you.
If you’re struggling in alcohol recovery, you can and should hire me as your alcohol recovery coach.
“What If I Can’t Afford Coaching?”
You can learn many of the strategies that I’ve successfully used with my private clients by enrolling in my online course, Total Alcohol Recovery 2.0.
This course proceeds methodically to show you what pieces of your alcohol recovery puzzle you could have been missing for weeks, months, or even years. It’s never too late to optimize your recovery and transcend alcohol for good!
I hope you enjoyed this video! To stay posted for more, be sure to subscribe to the Fit Recovery channel on YouTube.
If you have any questions about alcohol recovery coaching, feel free to leave them in the comment box below.