This is going to be one of the most detailed Alcohol Support reviews on the Internet. I’m super excited to introduce you to this all-natural supplement for alcohol withdrawal symptoms, which is made by a company called Vitamin Support.
Update 04/03/18: Alcohol Support is no longer available – in fact, you will probably not find any natural alcohol withdrawal aids on the Internet. However, the same great team of people now produce a supplement called Calm Support that has a very similar nutrient profile that Alcohol Support once did, and it works wonders for restoring mood. This is the same company that produces Sleep Support, which has a TON of raving fans who used to suffer from insomnia. To learn my 30 day supplement regimen for alcohol recovery, check out my eBook. For A-Z guidance on alcohol recovery, including supplementation and guidance from myself, be sure to enroll in my online course!
The people who work at Vitamin Support really know their stuff when it comes to supplements for withdrawal, and they have excellent reviews for their products so far.
I’ve suffered from crippling alcohol withdrawal many times in the past. Due to a phenomenon called kindling, withdrawals tend to get worse with each episode.
They often start out as mild depression combined with annoying alcohol cravings. If you’re experiencing these symptoms when you cut back on alcohol, you’re in the right place.
My goal is to help as many people as possible alleviate their withdrawal symptoms and quit drinking before they hit bottom like I did.
Natural supplements that are backed by science are a relatively recent development and a huge step forward. Physical support for alcohol withdrawal symptoms allows people to focus on aligning their mindsets, goals, and spiritual values.
Years ago, as I repeatedly failed to quit drinking, my withdrawal symptoms got worse. They went from a mild sense of unease to extreme panic, demonic hallucinations, and whole body shaking. I needed benzodiazepines to detox from alcohol.
Supplements like Alcohol Support didn’t exist, and support meetings and willpower had failed to get me through previous withdrawal episodes.
I knew nothing about the relation between nutrition and alcoholism until after I quit drinking. When I discovered it, I was finally able to break the chains of alcoholism forever.
- Alcohol Support Reviews
- Alcohol Support Reviews – What Causes Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms?
- Alcohol Support Reviews – Does Alcohol Support Really Work?
- Alcohol Support Reviews – Where Can I Buy Alcohol Support?
- Alcohol Support Reviews – Conclusion
Alcohol Support Reviews
Alcohol Support reviews are hard to find because it’s a relatively new product.
This will undoubtedly change, as more people come to experience for themselves the power of active vitamins and organic herbal remedies for alcohol withdrawal symptoms.
You don’t have to wait as long as I did to alleviate the physical and mental discomfort of alcohol withdrawal.
In another well-received article, I discussed a number of supplements that can help you break the vicious cycle of alcoholism. After I published it, a good friend told me that it might seem intimidating to people who don’t know where exactly to start with nutritional supplementation.
Alcohol Support combines many of the most effective natural remedies into one safe, non-addictive, and cost-effective solution. But in order to properly review a supplement that claims to provide relief from alcohol withdrawal, we first need to examine the physical root causes of alcohol withdrawal.
Alcohol Support Reviews – What Causes Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms?
Since alcohol affects brain chemical balance, long-term use can skew neurotransmission. This means that neurotransmitters like endorphins, dopamine, and serotonin become depleted over time as drinking continues and often escalates.
For people who become dependent on alcohol, mind states like euphoria, relaxation, and even just feeling okay can become dependent in turn on the presence of alcohol in their bloodstream. Before I quit drinking, I came to assume that these mind states were only possible with alcohol!
Leaving aside the topic of severe withdrawals like seizures, which should be treated by medical experts who can prescribe benzodiazepines, the following are common alcohol withdrawal symptoms:
- Sense of impending doom
- Alcohol cravings
- Cold sweats
- Increased heart rate
- Panic attacks
- Shaky hands
Years ago, I personally experienced every single one of these symptoms. All of them result from alcohol’s damaging effects on the brain. Here are a few ways that drinking tricks your brain over time into full blown alcohol dependence:
- Alcohol mimics GABA, a calming neurotransmitter, which the alcoholic brain nearly stops producing because it learns that it can rely on the presence of alcohol instead
- Alcohol temporarily suppresses glutamate, a stress-inducing neurotransmitter, which floods the alcoholic brain and can cause panic only hours after drinking sessions end
- Alcohol releases endorphins, the brain’s pleasure chemicals, which become depleted over time from continual artificial release
- Alcohol releases dopamine, a reward chemical, which becomes depleted over time
- Alcohol releases serotonin, a relaxing chemical that becomes depleted over time
- The alcoholic brain depends on alcohol to maintain temporary chemical balance, despite all of the damage caused by alcohol
Alcoholism damages every cell in the body, especially liver, nerve, and brain tissue. This damage can permanently cripple emotional stability and even cognitive function.
The worst part is that none of this damage gets fixed automatically when the alcoholic makes the right decision and quits drinking.
In the absence of proper nutrition, which for alcoholics requires more than just “eating right,” our systems won’t ever completely normalize.
You might have noticed that anxiety and depression affect many people who quit drinking long ago. For others, withdrawal symptoms get so bad that they turn back to alcohol before getting a chance to fully recover.
If you understand this much about basic brain science and alcohol withdrawal, you know much more than I once did about my seemingly malevolent universe.
Alcohol Support Reviews – Does Alcohol Support Really Work?
As far as biochemical restoration goes, Alcohol Support is the real deal.
I can’t say enough good things about the CEO of Vitamin Support, Ryan Donnelly.
He has personally helped a lot of people get the biochemical support they need to beat addictions of all kinds, including alcoholism.
Here’s what Ryan had to say about what separates Alcohol Support from the competition:
1. We do NOT use extracts from our herbs. Instead we use the entire herb ground into a powder. That way the user receives the full benefit that each herb provides. Most companies use extracts, which is the cheaper way to go.
2. Alcohol Support does not use magnesium stearate as a flow agent. It is unnecessary for manufacturing and has the potential to greatly decrease the absorption of the formula. Additionally, it is a red flag in the industry that often indicates a supplement is of inferior quality. There have also been questions raised as to whether magnesium stearate has the potential to be toxic. For more information, please see the following article by Thorne Research: World Health Officials Question Safety of Magnesium Stearate (The flow agents allows the manufacturing to help “funnel” the ingredients into the capsules). Instead we use organic rice powder, making our product that much cleaner.
3. We are also fully vegan, no artificial dyes, no artificial colors, and no fillers!”
I’ve gotten glowing Alcohol Support reviews from my coaching clients, some of whom have told me that they felt immediate relief upon taking it.
How could this be, since most supplements on the shelves of health food stores don’t work at all?
To begin with, alcoholics who have spent years consuming the most damaging substance on earth are far more nutrient-depleted than healthy people looking for performance enhancement.
Furthermore, research is finally validating the use of basic vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and natural herbs in treating alcoholism.
In a double blind study, alcoholics given vitamin and amino acid supplements had reduced stress and significantly better “behavioral, emotional, social and spiritual” outcomes than alcoholics given a placebo. (source)
Note: If you are suffering from severe alcohol withdrawal, you require professional care and prescription drugs. Take Alcohol Support only after you detox and wean off of your medications.
If your withdrawal symptoms are mild or moderate, there is a very good chance that Alcohol Support can provide you with immediate relief.
The main purpose of Alcohol Support is to support your own efforts to quit drinking by giving your brain-body system a steady supply of crucial nutrients.
The importance of brain repair after quitting drinking cannot be overstated!!
Alcohol Support contains a combination of organic ingredients that can help alleviate alcohol withdrawal by normalizing brain chemistry:
- Thiamine HCL – Thiamine deficiency plays a huge role in alcoholic brain damage (source) and thiamine HCL is better absorbed than synthetic thiamine. You can read my article about thiamine here.
- Magnesium Citrate* – This mineral (*I used magnesium taurate, but magnesium citrate is just as good) can put an end to anxiety and depression, which are often symptoms of alcohol-induced magnesium deficiency. (source)
- Kudzu Root – Herb that has been proven to reduce alcohol cravings and has been used by many people who want a natural alcohol detox (source). You can read my article about kudzu root here.
- Mucuna Pruriens (velvet bean) – Herb that increases dopamine levels so effectively that it’s given to Parkinson’s Disease patients! Mucuna also works to combat alcohol cravings and resolve low motivation (source). You can read my article about mucuna pruriens here.
- Milk Thistle – Herb that is proven to help repair alcoholic liver damage. (source)
- 5-HTP – Amino acid that is the building block of serotonin, used by many to relieve anxiety and insomnia. (source)
- N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) – Amino acid derivative that is used in ER rooms to reverse liver damage from tylenol overdose, and which has been clinically shown to support abstinence from alcohol. (source)
- Schizandra – This antioxidant-packed berry enables a sense of well-being by restoring liver function and has been shown to be effective for anxiety and insomnia. (source)
- Vitamin A – Necessary for healthy eyesight, which often deteriorates in alcoholics because of this vitamin deficiency. (source)
- Vitamin B2 – Promotes healthy energy levels and is highly depleted in heavy drinkers. (source)
- Niacin – Improves psychological and behavioral health for alcoholics. (source)
- Vitamin B6 – Required for proper brain function, this vitamin is burned up by alcohol. (source)
- Folate – Required for the production of many amino acids, this vitamin is also depleted by alcohol. (source)
- Vitamin B12 – Necessary for DNA synthesis, with deficiency contributing to brain problems in alcoholics. (source)
- Pantothenic Acid – Alcohol prevents the utilization of this B vitamin, which is needed for energy production. (source)
- Zinc – This mineral can help restore brain health after alcohol cessation. (source)
I’ve taken and extensively written about many of these ingredients. It’s unlikely that other Alcohol Support reviews contain the depth of information I try to provide on this site.
To make a long story short, Alcohol Support is the most well-researched combination of ingredients for alcohol withdrawal that I’ve come across so far.
Directions: Take 1-2 capsules in the morning, and 1-2 capsules in the evening before bed.
Pricing: $39 per bottle, 60 capsules per bottle.
- Proven effective ingredients
- 100% organic herbal powders
- 100% active vitamins
- Vegetarian formula
- No dyes or artificial colors
- Absolutely no fillers
- Great pricing
- Free Shipping
- Discrete Shipping
- Save 20%-30% by ordering 2 or more bottles
- 30 Day, No-Questions Asked, 100% Money-Back Guarantee
- Does not contain glutamine, which has been proven to help end alcohol cravings
- Not yet available in stores, so you will have to order online
For the ultimate relief from alcohol withdrawal and cravings, I recommend taking Alcohol Support along with glutamine, which is a very affordable combination.
For my coaching clients, I often recommend the combination of Alcohol Support and two or three other “miracle” supplements (depending on their situations).
I have received very emotional emails from people who are finally experiencing relief from post-acute alcohol withdrawal!!
I know that the ingredients in Alcohol Support work because they’re the same compounds I used to recover from my severe alcohol addiction.
Alcohol Support is higher quality and more effective than the expensive collection of supplements I used from Amazon and health food stores.
If you are considering taking Alcohol Support, know that you will not need to take it forever.
Once your system replenishes the nutrients required for chemical balance, you can stop taking the supplement.
In most cases, vitamin and amino acid supplements need to be taken for at least a month to replenish natural balance, including healthy neurotransmitter levels.
Keep this in mind, even if Alcohol Support gives you immediate relief from your discomfort.
Alcohol Support Reviews – Where Can I Buy Alcohol Support?
Unfortunately, if you are suffering from alcohol withdrawal today you will not be able to find Alcohol Support in a store.
Your only option for buying this supplement is to purchase Alcohol Support online.
If I had to quit drinking all over again, I would get two or three bottles of Alcohol Support to make sure I got past all of the symptoms of post-acute withdrawal.
Shipping is free when you purchase from the Alcohol Support website, and you’ll get a 20-30% discount if you order multiple bottles.
Alcohol Support Reviews – Conclusion
What I like most about Alcohol Support is that it contains VERY high quality ingredients that have been clinically proven to help people who are going through alcohol withdrawal.
Alcohol Support contains about 75% of the nutrients that helped me feel physically better during post-acute withdrawal.
Our society is only beginning to understand the insanity of treating common symptoms with harsh prescription chemicals for long periods of time. (Can’t sleep? Pop an Ambien! Sad? Take Prozac forever!)
In this sense, Alcohol Support is very much ahead of the curve.
If I could go back in time and take Alcohol Support while I quit drinking, I would absolutely do so.
To be sure, Alcohol Support won’t magically turn an alcoholic into a social drinker. It can, however, support your system and make you feel better if you really want to quit drinking.
If your goal is to achieve a psychic transformation in your attitude toward alcohol, you can read my eBook, Drinking Sucks!
In summary, Alcohol Support distinguishes itself from other supplements that are essentially snake oil in shiny new packaging. It is a carefully devised formula that consists of the same ingredients that I used to beat alcohol addiction forever.
I’m always interested to hear from my readers. If you have an experience with Alcohol Support that you’d like to share, submit your own Alcohol Support reviews to me on my contact page.
If you have any questions about Alcohol Support reviews, please post them in the comment box below.